The Mastercard Foundation is calling for submissions of artwork to be licensed for reproduction in print and digital publications, that will communicate the dynamism and diversity of African youth.
Visual artists aged 18–35 who live or do most of their work in Africa are invited to submit examples of their art in response to the following question: What do you hope for African youth?
Submissions from both emerging and established young artists from diverse backgrounds are welcome. Artists wishing to participate should send their submissions no later than 15 November 2017.
The submissions should include:
- The artist’s name, age, gender, country of origin, current home, language of submission
- A biography of not more than 500 words
- Clear, accurate photographs of each work, submitted as presentation-quality jpeg files (minimum 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels)
- The creation date of each work submitted, along with dimensions and materials
- One artist’s statement of not more than 500 words explaining the relation between the work(s) submitted and the submission question
- Submission text supplied in any language in which the artist feels comfortable
The submission of a wide range of visual art of different types suitable for reproduction is encouraged. The Foundation’s intention is to license selected works for reproduction as photographs in print and digital media. To be selected, the artwork must render well when photographed. The Foundation will arrange for chosen artwork to be professionally photographed if needed.
COMPENSATION FOR CHOSEN WORK
Selected artists will receive a licensing fee of US$1,000 for the non-exclusive right to reproduce the chosen artworks in the Foundation’s publications, for non-commercial use.
Send all requested material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
15 NOVEMBER 2017
SUBMIT ALL MATERIAL TO