WIELS Contemporary Art Centre in Brussels, Belgium has started a residency collaboration with Mophradat and Africalia for artists respectively from the Arab world and African countries, from January 2018.
Duration of residency: 6 months (from January 2018)
Eligible countries: Burkina Faso, Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Uganda, Zimbabwe
Application Deadline: 15/09/2017
Artists from the Arab world are invited to apply via the Mophradat website.
Artists from African countries (Burkina Faso, Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Uganda, Zimbabwe) are invited to apply for a 6-month residency at WIELS supported by Africalia, in collaboration with Rencontres Picha.
The application must be sent by email before 15th September to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PART 1: PAPERWORK
Application paperwork should be submitted in PDF format and include in the following order:
- APPLICATION FORM: Please download and fill out the PDF application form (download form).
- CV/RESUME: Please include your educational background and exhibition history.
- ARTIST STATEMENT: In 250 words or less, write a statement about your work.
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: In 250 words or less, describe your potential projects, ideas and expectations for the residency at WIELS.
- REFERENCES: Provide the name, email, telephone number and postal address of three references who can comment on your recent work and artistic development on a professional level.
- IMAGE SCRIPT: The titles on the image script should correspond to those marked in the titles of the digital image files (see PART 2). Include the title, date, medium, dimensions, and a brief description of each work (less than 50 words for each image/video).
PART 2: VISUAL DOCUMENTATION
We ask that you send a selection of up to 10 images and/or videos. These image files should be sent via email with the ‘Paperwork’ or be included in the IMAGE SCRIPT as a download link that does not expire, provided by file-hosting services such as Dropbox. 10 IMAGES MAXIMUM. Each image file must be titled with your Last Name_First Name, image number (e.g.: Smith_John01).
Accepted file type: separate JPG or PDF files
Maximum size: 1000px
Image resolution: 72 DPI
Video files: Moving images, ie. time-based media, video, kinetic art or documentation of performance art, should be included in the IMAGE SCRIPT in your application as a link or downloadable file that does not expire, provided by file-hosting services such as Dropbox or video-sharing websites such as YouTube or Vimeo. One video counts as one image, the duration does not matter. Video files of still artwork or documentation of artistic process will NOT be viewed.
For more information, contact: email@example.com.